Dough for donuts:
- 1 kg white flour
- 1 cube or 50 grams of fresh yeast
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon thin salt
- 800 ml lukewarm water
- 1 1/2 liter canola oil
- White sugar
- In the largest bowl, mix flour and yeast together. Add sugar and salt and mix into flour. Add half the amount of water and knead the dough for a minute, with open fingers and the dough lifting movements from the bottom of the bowl to the front of the dough. Gradually add the remainder of the water (all the quantity!) And knead for another minute, and that's it. Do not knead this dough too much. The dough will be very liquid which is fine.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and swell until doubled in volume.
- Put and swell again: Mix the dough with hands to remove the air, cover and swell again. Toward the end of the swelling, heat the oil.
- Fry, dip in sugar and serve: Dip your hands in a bowl with oil (or water) and coat a piece of dough of clementine. Pull up (the ball will pull all the dough with it) and pinch with the other hand (also greased) to detach the ball from the dough.
- Make a hole in the ball with your fingers and stretch the edges sideways, for a pretzel shape, immediately place the donuts 'in the hot oil.
- Continue to fill the pot gently while daunts rings (dip your hands in oil occasionally), fry for about 2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Remove the sponge from the oil to absorbent paper and immediately dip into a bowl with sugar on both sides for coating.
Good luck to everyone and happy holidays I would love to feedback on the recipe.